Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happiness is not handed to you on a gold platter

Happiness.
In my previous blog I mentioned that I actually know what
this word means, because I feel so little really do.

Most think its true love with your significant other,
shallow people believe money is the root of all happiness.

To me it's deeper than that.
Yes the love of your life will make you happy.
But may not be your complete definition of happiness.

You have to be happy with who you are , yourself
before you can be happy with someone else.

Soul searching.
Is what I am referring to,
this weekend has opened my eyes to many 
females in my life that have not done this. 
some are young, some are not.

I am blessed that at 22 years old I know exactly who I am.
& what I want out of life.
Others are not as fortunate.
Not because they don't want to be or they can't be
I myself believe that it's because they do not know how.

So my advice, which I should have taken myself many years sooner, 
is to be single.
You can not discover yourself when your wrapped up in someone else. 
Even dating around, means your taken.
Your thoughts are focused on someone else more than yourself.
Your worried about what he or she is doing, not what your
thinking, feeling, or dreaming of.

Next you need to pamper yourself.
Whatever that means to you.
I'm sure what pops into mind when someone says the word pamper is
" a spa like experience "
anything from- nails, hair, massages & so forth.
But it can be as simple staying in one night and reading a good book.
As you know I'd prefer to stay in anytime :) 
But just doing things for yourself, to me, describes the word pamper.

& Lastly you need to look at the bigger picture and find your spiritual self.
Again, whatever that means to you. Rather it's God, or another religion.
Or even just focusing on energy . Being positive instead of negative. 
Just shifting your thoughts daily can be life altering.
You will find yourself the more you focus on yourself.

I am very close to these females I have mentioned. 
I hope they read this and don't do as I would if 
I were the reader, not the writer. 
I am the type that always has to learn lessons the hard way.
I just hope these amazing women, one in particular, finds herself sooner
rather than later because as woman we deserve the world. 

My spiritual self lives within God, 
which to me goes with positive energy.
I believe the for me HE is my higher power. 
He has shown me that everything happens for a reason, 
and that there is always happiness within him.
But i had to find it within myself before I could even see it within him.

So I challenge you this week, 
dedicate one night to yourself.
Do something for you.
Stop being a mother or a father, a care take,
a work-a-holic or even an alcoholic for just one night.
And do something to make your self happy.

Until Next time ; 
Peace, LOve & Happiness 

No comments:

Post a Comment

" One should be more concerned about their character than their reputation. You reputation is who people think you are, and your character is who you are "