Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

How do you know when he is the one..

Everyone always asks themselves
or someone else.
How do you know he or she was the one?
Its not like God puts a big sign over that persons head
saying " you will marry me "
No love or no one is perfect.
So if perfection is what your looking for 
your never going to stop looking.

It's has more to do with what they will do for you
than who they are.
Its all about how the two of you work together, 
and how your values match up, in my eyes. 

I'm different, or shall I say pickier than most.
Growing up with my father being an alcoholic -
I give myself the right to brag by saying I choose the opposite path that most in 
my situation would. I steered clear of drinking. Most would following in ones footsteps.

I knew from the time I was 10 that I didn't want alcohol to be apart of my life 
or my family when I had my own one day because I say what it did to mine.  
Tore us apart. 

I wanted to be a better parent, I wanted to be strong like my mother was. 
So I never dated those who drank, & if I did it wasn't for long. 
I have always been a long term relationship girl. my shortest relationship was 8 months. and that
was in the 8th grade. I am that girl that has dreamt of her fairy tale wedding since day one.

At twenty two I realize it will be no fairy tale, and life is not like a Disney movie.
But I knew that Levi was the one the day we met .

Like I said in my first blog I am not going into all the details of our relationship. 
But I get the " how did you know " question all the time, 
especially since we met on a dating website. 
So i thought I would take this time to tell my reasoning.

We both know what drinking does, we both didn't want it in our life.
We both believe in Jesus Christ & attend church. 
We both wanted a small family. We both had dreams and careers in our near future.
Together we are better.
We bring out the best in one another.
We have been a long distance relationship most of the time 
& we have stayed strong the entire time.
We have been threw alot together and have never let one another down.
We are not perfect, we have had fall outs like every other couple.
But we know how to fix things in a mature, non yelling or fighting matter.

So to sum it up in one sentence -
I knew Levi was the one I was going to marry because
I instantly loved him and we had the same beliefs and values.
Both which I believe are crucial to building a life together. 

A life worth living anyways. 
So don't be cliche.
Don't be typical.
Be different, be yourself & your
going to find your soul mate.

& remember it is not always about the things you have in common, 
Its always about the things you will do for one another. 

For example.
Last night Levi and I went to my favorite, his least favorite singers concert. 
Jason Aldean to be exact.

& it made me fall in love with him all over again, I kept telling him that all night long.
Now I am going to tell you why.
Love is about compromise. 

Yes it would have been nice if Levi loved Jason Aldean as much as I did 
and we shared that common bond. 
But it meant more to me that we didn't and he went anyways.
He sat threw all the twang & cowboy boots, flannel shirts &
beer drinking, scoll ring sitting stadium filled of hicks. 
Just for me. 
& to me ; this is the meaning of true love. 
a love worth combining in marriage. 

2 comments:

" One should be more concerned about their character than their reputation. You reputation is who people think you are, and your character is who you are "